Wonderful Citrus is seeking a Utilities Reliability Supervisor for its Delano, CA location. Under limited supervision, directs the integrated facility utilities systems maintenance and repair operations for Wonderful Citrus’ two production facilities, Delano Orange and Lemon and Halos. Also, directs this work within the compliance boundaries of both the PSM and Environmental regulations for Kern County, CA. Directs the activities of the CA Utilities Technicians Staff, ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of services, to include preventive and predictive maintenance, planned system overhauls, and on-call repair services to assure minimal operating facility outages. Utilizes inside technician staff and outside equipment trained technicians and contractors to maintain all boilers, air compressors, ammonia refrigeration and electrical distribution systems and equipment. Responds to and alerts Technical Services and Operations Directors to any and all adverse emissions/discharge occurrences that would be in violation of current approved permits for the SJVAPCD, Kern County and City of Delano from WC California Packinghouse facilities.
To learn more about Wonderful Citrus Company, visit www.wonderfulcitrus.com.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directs and coordinates the activities of all CA Utilities Technicians and service contractors in the provision of comprehensive utilities equipment maintenance and repair services, carried out at both facilities.
• Administers service contracts to assure compliance with job specifications and adherence to unit cost agreements.
• Directs performance of in-house workforce and audits and controls expenditures of assigned cost centers; monitors quality of work to ensure adherence to Wonderful Citrus and industry standards and compliance with state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines.
• Manages a variable talented workforce, to include work order prioritization and management, and work/resource allocation; sets productivity, quality, and timeliness goals and standards, and evaluates effectiveness.
• Continually assesses the performance of the Utility Department and the job skill base of all technical staff; provides staff training and assists Human Resources Department in hiring to ensure that the workforce is capable of operating and maintaining state-of-the-art Citrus processing facility.
• Assists in the development of annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the Processing Facilities.
• Works with PSM Coordinator in completing environmental permitting and regulatory processes with regards to PSM management.
• Interacts with Department Managers and other Production personnel on daily Utility related activities within their areas of responsibility.
• Directs the implementation of shop-specific safety training programs, and assures workforce compliance with OSHA job safety requirements.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures that support the pursuit of department strategic goals and objectives and are consistent with overall policies ensuring the efficient and safe operation of the facilities.
• Directs an extensive and comprehensive utility equipment and facilities preventive and predictive maintenance program; ensures that the automated work-order management system supports the program through maintenance notification, delinquency tracking, and activity checklists.
• Directs annual maintenance programs, to include off-season testing/overhaul of heating and refrigeration systems and associated control systems, as well as seasonal start-up and shutdown.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Three to Five (3-5) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above and within the Food Processing or Utilities Industries.
• Skill in the use of computers, in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
• Ability to coordinate and/or supervise equipment and facility repair contractors and service technicians.
• Knowledge of service contract documents and agreements.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include mechanical, electrical skills, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment, while enforcing safety programs.
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all areas within the facilities.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small groups.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Knowledge and understanding of preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, tasks and projects.
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 8,500 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.