Wonderful Citrus is seeking a Control Systems Technician for its Delano, CA location. Ideal candidates will possess a technical ability in the area of automation controls within a high volume industrial manufacturing environment with an emphasis in packaging automation. The Controls Systems Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all process control and operation support systems. Experience with PLC’s, HMI’s, automation and control system design and hands-on troubleshooting is strongly preferred. Candidates must be hard-working with a strong work ethic and an unfaltering determination to excel in a fast-paced environment and a desire to gain tremendous personal and career growth.
• Review and modify existing equipment as required to meet safety, quality, and production requirements
• Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain automated production and robotic systems
• Program, troubleshoot and repair/replace sensors, scanners, vision systems, motors, variable frequency drives, and encoders
• Troubleshoot automated production equipment using RSLogix 5000, 500, and RSStudio PLC programming software
• Create or modify operator interface screens using RSView32 and Factory Talk View Studio
• Control system upgrades of existing equipment and integration of new/existing equipment
• Troubleshoot electrical wiring, relay logic, control and safety circuits using electrical schematics and electronic test equipment
• Able to interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and layouts
• Perform preventative and predictive maintenance of production and equipment
• Follow all company policies including, but not limited to, good manufacturing practices and safety systems
• Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant codes and with proper documentation
• Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve processes, efficiency, quality and service
• Support operations and reliability in meeting business objectives
• Detail oriented, highly organized, and committed to superior quality
• Proactive individual that takes responsibility for their equipment, lines, coworkers and the continuous improvement of the operation
• Able to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability is expected
• Able to work off-shifts, weekends & extended shifts (i.e. 12 hrs.)
• Electrical Control Panels familiarization
• Follows and fully understands Instrumentation and Electrical Safety practices (LOTO, Arch flash)
• Must possess a high level of mechanical & electrical aptitude and be an effective communicator, mentor, and trainer
• AutoCAD and/or Visio proficiency preferred
• Ability to fluently read and interpret electrical schematics is required
• Effective written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative team environment that includes; shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with others to support team and company objectives and a willingness to work in all areas of the facility
• Associates degree in electronics from accredited college or certificate of completion from a technical program (Electrical/Electronic technology or similar, preferred) with 5 years’ experience
• Experience with programming of Drives, PLCs, and HMI’s is highly preferred
• Experience and proficiency with relay logic, programming various types of instrumentation, wiring of I/O for control systems, and understanding of programmable logic controllers’ architecture
• PLC – AB ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix, SLC5
• PLC I/O – R I/O, 1756 I/O, 1768 I/O, 1769 I/O, Point/Flex/Block I/O, 1742 interfaces
• ABNetworks – R I/O, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, ControlNet
• HMI Hardware – Allen Bradley PanelView Plus, RSViewSE, PCs, Wonderware ME.
• HMI Software – AB Panelview ViewME, Wonderware ArchestrA IDE, Wonderware ME.
• Drives – AB PF series 4,40,525,70,700,725,735,755. Emerson, Yaskawa
• Motor Start buckets and wiring
• Motors Types – Induction, DC, Servo
• Instrumentation - Level, Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Distance
• Low voltage controls – 24vac, 24vdc, 4-20mA
• Supervisory Systems – Historians, SQL, MES, ArchestrA
• Supervisory Networks – Switches, Router, CAT6, 802.11a/b/g
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 8,500 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.