Wonderful Citrus is seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager for our Delano, CA facility. The Continuous Improvement Manager will utilize problem solving methodologies to implement process improvements - enhancing business performance and building capability. The CI Manager will provide a full range of productivity services to Operations and direct cost reduction programs for the facility.
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus. Our citrus varieties can be found in the produce department of grocery stores across the country under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
To learn more about Wonderful Citrus Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderfulcitrus.com.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead key Lean Manufacturing projects, providing leadership in developing practical solutions to complex analytical problems.
• Provide knowledgeable assistance as a resource to our plants and administrative departments, helping to identify, plan, and implement continuous improvement projects.
• Act as a liaison within and between plants and departments, on operational excellence best practices.
• Improve the CI infrastructure, ensuring ongoing financial benefit and Food Safety improvements.
• Support corporate-wide Wonderful trainings and projects implementation.
• Provide timely project status updates, feedbacks, and appropriate reporting for key activities assigned.
• Provide / support training to others in Project Management, especially to process managers, supervisors, leads, and shop floor personnel.
• Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency using Project Management principles.
• Carry out follow-up programs to maintain the achieved savings, to complete additional training, to detect further savings opportunities, as well as ensure the overall continuity of the project.
• Demonstrable experience in leading implementation of continuous improvement projects.
• Demonstrable knowledge of CI techniques to solve complex problems and experience with Lean preferred - showcase previous projects, exercises and tests may be required during interview.
• Candidate should be results-oriented with good project management, organizational, and prioritization skills while being able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Experience in successfully managing project teams in production and/or non-production environments.
• Must have extensive communication, mediation and facilitation skills.
• Advanced interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain credibility across all levels in the business.
• The ideal candidate is expected to have professional experience in operational & management functions.
• Food manufacturing and/or fresh produce experience highly preferred.
• Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field of study preferred or minimum 3-5 years’ equivalent experience.
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 8,500 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.