- Four-year degree (BA or BS), Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, Engineering (could be consider as well the candidate’s personal working experience at equivalent functions).
- Previous experience in produce or food processing fields a must.
- 5-7yrs experience in Quality Assurance or Food Safety management positions expected.
- Operational level experience; driving quality assurance in a high-volume production environment is desired.
- Must have proven experience and participation (at management level) at Production, Quality/FS and/or Sanitation areas, of successful implementations of GFSI’s approved certification schemas (BRC or SQF highly preferred).
- Deep Understanding of GFSI certification standards (or other stringent certification schemes) requirements a must.
- Experience in generating Food Safety and Quality documentation and reporting, including submitting and implementing corrective action plans.
- Technical knowledge of quality and food safety systems, and Solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies audits (e.g.: USDA, FDA, etc).
- Presentation and Communication with an Executive audience a must.
- Proven ability to lead teams and initiate constructive changes without daily direction.
- Computer proficient in Excel, Access, Word, etc…Capable of quickly learn and interact with structural Databases and programs (e.g.: Oracle OPM and specific Quality Software packages - QWB, QFSM, ChartRunner, etc).
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- HACCP trained.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong implementation and execution skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to be relatable, personable, and productive within a team environment
- Strong Analytical skills
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 7,300 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling luxury Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $100 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, nearly $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives in 2015 alone, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs.
The Wonderful Citrus Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status or protected veteran status, ancestry, age or any other categories protected by law.