Wonderful Citrus has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, adaptable individual to join us as a Manager-in-Training. This unique role will spend 12-18 months rotating through the core functions of our company, learning our business from multiple angles and participating in cross-departmental initiatives. This rotation program will provide valuable development experience that will ultimately prepare the right candidate for a regular frontline Manager position within one of our core functions.
We are seeking candidates with supervisory experience in industries that translate to our business, including: agriculture, food/beverage production, sales & marketing, or continuous improvement.
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus. Our citrus varieties can be found in the produce department of grocery stores across the country under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
To learn more about Wonderful Citrus Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderfulcitrus.com.
• Learn critical line and staff functions in assigned departments, participating in training with Wonderful Citrus managers
• Work with department leadership to set and monitor performance goals for each rotational stop
• Execute and support departmental projects, potentially leading cross-departmental initiatives and managing internal & external stakeholders
• Provide each assigned department with recommendations on improvement opportunities and strategy deployment
• Ability to manage time, tasks & projects without close supervision, making judgment calls with limited decision time
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data from a variety of quantitative and qualitative sources, including technical information, rules, regulations, agency rules, executive orders and laws.
• Ability to develop and present information across a variety of professional levels (Managers, Executive team members, external stakeholders, etc.)
• Advanced computer proficiency (e.g. MS Office 2016, Oracle)
• Experienced leadership managing cross-functional projects or improvement initiatives, with demonstrated change management competence.
• Excellent problem solving techniques and quantitative analytical skills.
• Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience in a field related to Wonderful Citrus core operations (Farming, Packinghouse Operations, Sales, Administration, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree required – Business Administration, Ag Business, Finance, or Engineering preferred
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE); meet physical demands of position such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
• Current active CA Driver’s License
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $4.8 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 7,800 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.